For a non meat eater, tofu is a great alternative for high quality, complete plant based protein. This salad is so easy to make, it’s light and delicious. Perfect for lunch.
1. Drain tofu of all access water
2. Mix miso, garlic, lime juice, and Himalayan salt
3. Coat a ramekin with coconut oil, add tofu, coat well with the above mix and bake at 425F for ~12 minutes or until tofu is browned
4. To prepare salad dressing, mix miso, olive oil, lime juice, and 3-4 spritzes of the liquid aminos (may be omitted)
5. Mix salad greens, cherry tomatoes with the salad dressing
6. Top with tofu
7. Sprinkle with Parmesan
Ingredient Highlight: Tofu
Tofu is made from soy milk and is an excellent source of iron and calcium. It is a complete protein of plant origin and as most natural soy products, it seems to have cholesterol lowering properties. (Source: The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods).
Cal: 314 | Fat: 20g | Carb: 21g | Protein: 17g
Lunch Minute Video